Updated: Feb 8
Author Bio: (Tee Wallflower) is a WILD, unpredictable, courageous, wonderful, witty, funny, mysterious, loving, and caring woman, a mother of two, an aunt of two, twenty eight years old in Virginia. Very vulgar yet professional, there are many layers to tee that she wants to let everyone begin to understand. Tee prides herself on being one hundred percent real, honest, and open with everything she does covering so many things you won't know where to start! Into music, Buddhism, the universe, and so much more. Her mind is a Rubik Cube and she's ready to let you solve it!
1) What inspires me the most to write you ask?
Life's experience! ANYTHING that could have killed me, made me give up, but in reality, only gave me more momentum, as well as other experiences. The thrill, love/happiness, everything! Especially something with a lesson to be told...
2) My Favorite genre is Urban Fiction of course! Lol hands down! But I love erotica, mystery, and religious/self-help/educational!
3) Above all my mother; Tammy S. Thomas is one author I admire the most because she did not let her age or obstacles stop her from moving forward with a dream she has had forever! She put her mind to it and got two Poetry books published and I'm very proud of her!
4) Honestly, sometimes I have to take a break for a few days maybe even a week sometimes. Have a nice drink and take a step back. Those spells can be vicious! Especially when you have so many ideas at once that burn out can be a monster! Meditation can be a wonderful way to get over that....and I'm not saying do this if you don't, but let's be honest taking a little smoke break can help bring those ideas flow ha-ha.
5) This here is a touchy one...MAKE SURE YOU READ EVERY INCH OF THE CONTRACT, have TRUSTED FAMILY AND FRIENDS, as well as a PUBLISHING LAWYER read over it. Do research on the company/publisher and try to meet them to get a feel for them see if the energy matches.
6) I have one written and published "A Bee Trapped by Its Own Honey" as of yet it is not but in time you never know what could happen high hopes lol, but I do have two books in the works.
7) That's a different type of question lol I was not ready for...hm....let's see honestly, I would rewrite a movie/script (though it's cartoon and has been done in real form) would be Cinderella. Based on a real-life tale of a black female and the trials and tribulation we go through but still have that beautiful outcome. Just more realistic, more feeling, and more relatable for the brown loves! Give them hope!
8) I had issues with doing some interviews when I started because I deal with anxiety. But as far as critiques and criticism I take them very well. I'm new at this so it's always good to learn new things, ways to better my craft. You can learn on your own of course but there's always someone out there with a lot more insight than you. Why not listen it can only make things better or show you things to avoid.
9) My best experiences have been the interviews! Meeting new, positive, uplifting people! The networking that always come with it leading me into different directions also helping with getting me out of my shell so much more! AMAZING.
10) Depending on my mood, I'll have some reggae playing in the back or meditation music, but silence is definitely my best friend lol clear mind, clear atmosphere, more ideas.
11) NO MATTER WHAT YOU’RE GOING THROUGH, NO MATTER YOUR ENVIRONMENT, AND NO MATTER WHAT PEOPLE SAY TO/OR ABOUT YOU NEVER GIVE UP ON YOUR DREAMS! NO MATTER HOW FAR OUT THEY MAY SEEM, NEVER EVER STOP RUNNING TOWARD THEM! DO WHAT MAKES YOU HAPPY NO MATTER IF IT TAKES A MILLION TRIES! ALWAYS KEEP YOUR HEAD HIGH AND DO WHAT MAKES YOU SHINE! ALWAYS STAY POSITIVE!
12) Pricing was something that just popped in my head, ha-ha but I will say I went with 15.55 for paperback because of my spiritual connection to 555, it just fit for me. I found a wonderful P/R agent who helps a lot with promotion, as well as ads. I promote my book on many different Facebook rooms, on my Facebook pages (Author Tee Wallflower/Tee Wallflower), on Instagram (Bodhisattvawallflower and Twitter (ThIsIsMyLiFeYo). My family also helps with advertising and I love them for it.
13) I believe people should read my book because it shows the raw form to compare to my next, it is different it is not the normal urban story BY FAR! It is relatable on many aspects but also will have you screaming WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?! It shows how creative I am but will make you wonder how far my creativity can go. Honestly, it will have you on the EDGE!
14) Nope no book coach.
15) Lol isn't it obvious? Lol ENGLISH! But I did love art (Theater/Acting), and music.
16) I am SELF-PUBLISHED, but I did have a publishing contract that I had to get out of because they had a lot going on; seemed like they couldn't handle everything at once such as all their authors, their books/businesses, and what not. They went missing with no communication with me causing my release dates to be pushed back while I was building an audience and no advertisement from them. I felt alone so I did it on my own!