Pre-Interview: Born in Dehradun (INDIA), author Sanjeev Kumar Jain grew up with inquisitive mind for science, technology, and Jain religion based on soul concepts.
He is an Indian Police Service officer of Haryana cadre presently placed as ADGP Home Guards at Chandigarh (INDIA). He got his early education at Gandhi School at Dehradun. He was an entrance senior at Roorkee Engineering College from where he got his engineering degree in electronics and communication. He has worked in Tata Steel and Indian Railways for five years before joining IPS in 1991. He was hailed as an idealist by Tribune when he was ASP. He has worn the hat of an honest police officer working with possible straight ways since those days. He is deeply into worship meditation where he meditates on Tirthankar God Mahavir. His active interest in science and technology and the blessings of God has led him to view the consciousness problem scientifically and find an answer for it.
1.What inspires you most to write? –
If I have an idea which is new or can be told in a story form, I shall like to write. I like to write if thing gives a perspective or message for good.
2. What is your favorite genre? –
I like to write on topics which are meaningful for society. My book, ‘consciousness explained scientifically by substance dualism demonstrates the existence of the soul and god’ can be categorized as science genre, education genre, philosophy genre or even in spiritual genre.
3. Who is one author you admire if any and why?
George Orwell. Original and great storytelling.
4. How do you overcome blank writing spells?
I try to put a minimum target which I should be doing daily like writing a page minimum so that provides a continuity at least to my efforts.
5. What legal publishing advice can you give?
Your efforts in writing your book in a presentable shape should win you some laurels, audience, and money also if possible. If you feel that your work may be good as a movie script, then you should keep the copyrights of the manuscript with you.
6. How many books have you written, are any a bestseller yet?
In a book shape, this is my first.
7. If you had the opportunity to rewrite one movie script which would it be, why?
My own life script perhaps. Nowadays technology has given you a chance to better your learning, skills, and education.
8. What are some difficulties you have experienced in your writing career; how do you handle book critiques/criticism?
Book editing and consolidating after the first draft. I hope to take in good stride any critique/criticism.
9. What are your best experiences in your writing career?
Could develop a good-feeling book in a presentable shape on my original breakthrough idea.
10. Do you prefer to write in silence and or have some sort sound in the background?
Silence is better with internet as your aid and switch to TV when you need a break.
11. What are some encouraging words you would give to another author/writer?
Believe in your work, in your abilities and hard work.
12. How did you decide the pricing of your material; how did you go about promotion/advertising and distribution of your work?
Pricing should be adequate to give back your expenses at least but should be low so that you can get some buyers. I plan to promote on social media through acquaintances. I have become member in authors, readers, book promotion groups on Facebook.
13. Why should anyone read your book?
My book covers quite a textbook type, different aspects of the topic and above all provides a plausible solution for the consciousness mystery and demonstrates god existence.
14. Did you have a book coach?
Did my own research mostly.
15. What was your favorite subject in school?
Physics, chemistry, mathematics
16. Are you self-published or have an established publishing contract elsewhere?
Self-published through the white falcon publishers.