Dr. ShaNita Nolan
Dr. ShaNita Nolan (Mrs. USA Global) is a soul on fire for Christ, disciple, and disciple-replicator. Professionally she is a learning practitioner, workshop facilitator, coach, and trainer. As a servant leadership, professional and personal development, and communications expert, she partners with individuals who are heart and growth -centered; and companies who desire to sharpen the leadership capacity of their current teams, and to develop a larger pool of emerging leaders in their organizations. Dr. ShaNita is also the author of Indestructible: Journey from Pain to Promise (2018) and the e-book, Roadmap to Abundance.
1.What inspires you most to write?
I have always been an avid reader and writer who promotes and inspires others to tell their story through creative story telling. I believe that experience is our greatest teacher when we apply what we learn through our experiences.
2. What is your favorite genre?
Non- Fiction, Inspirational, self-help, leadership, personal growth, and spiritual books.
3. Who is one author you admire if any and why?
John C. Maxwell is one author that I admire. He is one of my mentors and is a prolific best-selling author who has sold more than 24 million books in 50 languages. He is known primarily for his business and leadership teachings.
4. How do you overcome blank writing spells?
I overcame blank writing spells by dealing with my perfectionism and by just writing without concerns about grammar, spelling, or anything else.
5. What legal publishing advice can you give?
I learned that most of the companies who claim to be publishing companies are not publishing companies. If you are paying someone to publish your book rather than submitting your work and having it selected for publication…. you are self-publishing your book. There is no fee for traditional publishing, the publishing house pays for the editing, marketing, and production of your book and often will pay you an advance once the book deal is signed. I think it is important for people to know and understand the difference. I learned the hard way.
6. How many books have you written, are any a bestseller yet?
I have written numerous books but have only published Volume 1 of a 3 series book. I also self-published an e-book that is sold on my website. The first of the three-volume series is out and was designated as a best seller. The other two books in the series have not been released. I also did a compilation book with other authors that became a best-seller.
7. If you had the opportunity to rewrite one movie script which would it be, why?
Sounder, it was one of my favorite movies growing up.
8. What are some difficulties you've experienced in your writing career; how do you handle book critiques/criticism?
When I write, I embrace the mystery of the outcome. I recognized my books are not for everyone and always welcome constructive criticism as I continue to improve my writing.
9. What are your best experiences in your writing career?
My best experience is when I hear back from people who have connected with my story and have been positively impacted by reading my book and have experienced transformation and healing.
10. Do you prefer to write in silence and or have some sort of sound in the background?
It varies, sometimes I prefer absolute silence and sometimes I like music playing.
11. What are some encouraging words you'd give to another author/writer?
Done is better than perfect, so start writing no matter what. In the words of Maya Angelou, “There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside of you.”
12. How did you decide the pricing of your material; how did you go about promotion/advertising and distribution of your work?
The “self” publishing company decided on the price for my book. I promote my book primarily through word-of-mouth.
13. Why should anyone read your book?
My book contains relatable stories that readers can immediately connect with; and practical and biblical truths that promote healing, transformation, restoration, and renewal.
14. Did you have a book coach?
No, I don’t. However, I do plan to hire a book coach. My mentor, John C. Maxwell highly recommends that writers have a book coach.
15. What was your favorite subject in school?
I enjoyed all subjects except math.
16. Are you self-published or have an established publishing contract elsewhere?
I am a self-publisher.
Dr. ShaNita Nolan
CEO, Circle of Trust Leadership
Mrs. USA Global, Best-selling Author, Empowerment Speaker, Identity, Mindset, and Leadership Coach
For Mentoring, Speaking, Coaching, Success Programs and more, visit: